Monday, January 24, 2011

Resolutions: 3 weeks into the new year

As I see it, resolutions are some specific objectives of things to do different. I did make my list of things I'd like to work on this year but more general. I'm pretty excited to be making progress on some goals.

Exercise more: twice a week I'm taking the kids to the mall to stroller walk. We've made most of my planned walks so we're doing pretty well. Sharing this with my playgroup it's also a super way to socialize.

Hubby space: one evening walk mission is to take the kids and give hubby man cave time. I think we've made each of these - might have missed one so far. Pretty good though. His incentive to help with chores around the house to get free time alone.

Family Meeting/Family Plan: took me some time but I have now printed the official budget, a write in ledger for our "freedom fund" and investment accounts and a completed goals sheet. We've had one family meeting, so 100% with this one so far. We also have all of our accounts setup and programmed auto transfers so regular everything is automatic including college funds and retirement investing...I was also able to get Matthew caught up and involved which was a side goal as well.

Hopefully all of these habits will stick for the future; but any progress is progress.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like you are doing great! ...my two new goals are to spend less time online and paint more. So far, I'm not doing that great on either one... :)

    ReplyDelete