We are flybabies! What that means is we are listening and reading fly lady and trying to simplify and declutter our lives (and home). This is 2 weekends of sorting and decluttering - attempting to clear out bedroom #3 for first Matthew's parents to visit then to become Gene's room. These two loads really didn't take a lot of tears to get out of the house. Hopefully there will be several more loads to come in the next few weeks. I LOVE the idea that if you have too much stuff... then you can't appreciate the stuff you love... so get rid of the stuff you don't love that's in the way!!!! Another Fly Lady thought is to not get bogged down in keeping this and that for ebay or garage sales - just bless someone (FreeCycle and Salvation Army are our victims!).




I may not be doing that great on my two new goals of less time online and painting more...but I HAVE finally started cleaning out my studio! :)
ReplyDeletealso, I too, believe in gifting good used stuff!
I never heard of FlyLady--but I already like her!
Flylady is wonderful. She sends out frequent emails and when I have time I read them for inspiration for tackling our clutter. She gives us simple missions like this past week was cleaning out closets. Now if I just looked at my house and thought - I should do this... I'd quit before I start but... closets today - not bad! Kitchen, Bedroom and living room are each a focus for a week of the month with daily missions. The bathroom is a daily swish and swipe - just keep it clean enough all the time.. as well as every night you're supposed to shine your kitchen sink... it's so nice going to bed knowing that the kitchen is ready to be entered in the morning!
ReplyDeleteYep - I love fly lady. As is said; I'm a Fly Baby.
When we were homeless and living in a hotel, I started Day 1: Shining my sink. I didn't even go to day two. I just stuck with shining the sink every time I used it. I figured that without a house, there weren't going to be a lot of things that I could do anyway and I figured that if I could just do this ONE thing . . . if I could get good at it and it became easy, then I would be ready for the next step.
ReplyDeleteLast night, I cleaned my sink before bed at 11:45pm. Two days ago, when I was up really late, I cleaned my since at 2:30am!! It just didn't seem right to go to bed before it was done. I know that the sink is small potatoes, but now I also know that I truly can make changes that make a difference. :)
Thanks for the tip! I think I'm ready for day 2 now . . .
And I still have donation clothing in boxes that I've moved with me because I haven't gotten around to taking them down to the Penn House. *sigh* Baby steps, right? =)
It's all about little changes that can make a big difference. Shining your sink is a HUGE step! It makes you feel so good to know that is completely...ready. It's also changing stinking thinking to awesome thinking. In 15 minutes you really can accomplish a lot! When I start getting weighed down - I get my timer out and decide on something I want to get done. 15 mintues later - whatever it was - looks much better! :D
ReplyDelete