Tuesday, September 28, 2010

More Decluttering and Sorting Accomplished!

Along with this massive amount of donations - we also contributed 9 bags of shredding from our filing cabinet to recycling!!! 9 bags!!!! Seriously - why would anyone still have bank statements from 1997 in 2010... because you pack and hoard and don't sort things! It's gone though. As I open more boxes from college and... we add occasional small piles to the shred pile but the bulk has now been sorted and diminished! Sure wish Matthew had remembered to get THOSE pictures! WOW! Just to give you an idea we'll try this but these were STUFFED full size trash bags!

2 comments:

  1. bank statements = taxes. if audited they can request back 10 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The experts I've read do not agree on 10 years. I believe the longest recommendation I've heard is 5 years. We don't have 2010 bank statements so I don't know why we'd keep 2000 bank statements from when I was in college and M made little.

    It does wave less caution to folks who are self employed though.

    ReplyDelete