There are several things that make Gene a unique little guy. So we're sitting on the couch and he decides he needs food. He went into the kitchen and brought back a stick of ritz crackers - one of his all time favorites. He sits and pulls one cracker out and eats it. He takes 2 out and hands one to mommy and says "Mommy's cracker" then eats the other one. He takes another cracker out and sets it on my leg saying "Daddy's cracker." This continued through the entire stick. At one point I asked if mommy could have a cracker and he pointed to the cracker stick and said they were his. I asked if he was going to make mommy starve. I got a cracker from the deal. Twice more he handed me a cracker saying "Mommy StA-Arve?"Daddy ended up with 7 crackers before the stick was empty.
So there were 8 crackers left. 7 were in a pile and one was next to it (we had to answer the back door when the dog apparently knocked on it.). He crawls over me, knees and elbows everywhere! Finally reaches the cracker and crawls back over. I looked at him and said "you could have asked." So he crawls back over me, places the cracker back on the couch and crawls back where he'd been sitting on the other side of me. He puts his hand out and says "cracker please?" and smiles! I handed him the cracker and he says - "I said please." and looked SO PROUD!
So there is now only a stack of 7 that have been deemed Daddy's. He points to the stack and says "daddy cracker please." I picked one up and asked if he wanted daddy's cracker. He grabbed it pretty quickly and said - "NO! Daddy eat it AAALLLL!" And chomped the cracker (really fast).
So he's trying to get into the new toys now. I told him no since he needs to nap soon. All of his vehicles are now sleeping in "the shed" which is a toy box. He walks over and taps the box he wants into saying "I wait for toys" ... "keep closed while I wait." All of the toys have now been boxed and put in their slots.
I am laughing so hard I'm almost crying. That little guy is too smart for his own good. :)
ReplyDelete