I post some of our life on facebook... sometimes there just seems to be no time. I would like to try to communicate directly with many family members and friends - so this is my first recent attempt. I'm actually hoping to make a newsletter (or blog?) out of facebook posts for those of you who aren't on facebook.
Poor Gene-O. Dr appointment with a specialist monday. He has intermitten exotropia which is the same sort of strabismus I have. Dr. says many would refer to it as lazy eye - you may know it as that - but that is an over used general term that refers to several different issues; but it's more familiar to people. Dr. said it isn't genetic but the brochure she gave me says if it's in the family they should see a specialist before 3 years old. Guess we made that benchmark - because it bothered Matthew so much. Now we're supposed to patch alternating eyes for 2 hours every day! Hoping to start today; I've been procrastinating since I don't know how he'll take it. The patch is a large egg shaped bandage that sticks around the cheek, eye brow, nose to limit all vision in the "stronger eye." He seemed to be alternating; they were not able to decide which was the strayer and which wasn't. Maybe it's poor mommy? There are also options for in office therapies and even surgery.
My optometrist last year finally named mine as strabismis said it wasn't practical for me to do anything about mine so late... this specialist didn't seem to agree so starting from scratch on that too. I think I was able to better communicate about his because I knew some about mine already as well.
We just switched clinics. With my last pregnancy I had a ridiculous quack and held on until a few weeks out and tried to switch - a few DAYS too late. [like asking me what I weighed last time because it didn't get written down :( ] These folks are just as crazy - so I got out early. My assigned nurse retired in May while I was in Kansas and they still hadn't assigned me to a new person; technically I was STILL assigned to her when I left 2 months later! So I was seeing whoever subbed in the clinic that day. Each time I went in they would tell me something I was supposed to do last time or do for this time... like fasting 12 hrs for a glucose test and taking medical folders with me. And each time when I got a bit agitated they "assured me" that the previous rotating doctor had told me about it. *sigh* Not worth my stress levels to deal with that sort of situation.
Emmy and I had to do a repeat glucose test this week as well. I failed the "1 hr" test last week so we repeated with a 3 hour test. Matthew, Gene and I had to sit in a lab waiting room from 8 until nearly noon Tuesday - not the most pleasant of retreats. With Gene-O I failed the 1 hr as well - so I'm not worried. If I fail this one I'll be assigned to a dr instead of nurse prac and may even have to take medications and glucose tests. Not a dream of mine! Hopefully we'll know more about that soon.
In Kansas we bought and brought home a motorcycle from my brother's. Matthew is saving hours a week commuting by being able to ride in and out of town. He still can take the HOV lanes but has been taking a more scenic route because the east west bound HOV lanes are not nearly as effective as others in town.
We also just rented a storage space. We've had so many boxes around the house that it's been a daunting task to even look around at the work to be done. We've gotten several boxes opened and sorted into other boxes and out into the house. We are making category type boxes for stuff that came home from Kansas - to be spilled more later. Kitchen seems to be the biggest thing that I brought. That and little girl toys from my childhood. *sigh* So we are hoping to unpack/repack and move most of the stuff and hopefully at least downsize storage quickly. As it is the boxes are condensing about 50% from here to there - which is amazing. My hopes are to get the main floor "empty" in the next two weeks. We are forming a pre-preschool and I'd like to be able to host; this place has just been SO cluttered and congested. I'm trying to FLY though - I really am (reference to Fly Lady - a master declutter lady who has GREAT systems and advice).
Need to eat breakfast and get started on the day!
Until then...
No comments:
Post a Comment